Dr Rudzi Munap is currently an Associate Professor at the Graduate School, UNITAR International University. She graduated with a Diploma in Secretarial Science from Universiti Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam in 1975; BA in Business Education from Wilmington College, USA; Master in Business Education from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia; and PhD in Business and Entrepreneurship Education, also from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia. She served Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) for a long period of more than 30 over years, from 1981 till 2015. During her early career days at UiTM, she held administrative position as Examination and Industrial Training Coordinator as well as Program Head for Diploma in Executive Secretaryship. She was then appointed as Dean of Faculty of Office Management and Technology and Deputy Dean of Faculty of Business and Management.
Dr. Rudzi Munap had conducted a couple of courses with government agencies and private sectors in the field of administrative management. She specializes in areas of Administrative Management, Human Resource Management, Strategic Human Resource Management, and also in Organisational Citizenship Behavior. Due to her interest in research, she had presented papers at local and international conferences and also published her research work in SCOPUS and other indexed journal publications.
Today, she is serving UNITAR International University as a contract lecturer, involved in teaching post-graduate programs, conducting research as well as supervising students in their Master and PhD research work.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. RUDZI BINTI MUNAPPhD (Business and Entrepreneurship Education),
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
MBA (Business and Entrepreneurship Education),
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.
BsBA, Business Education,
General Management, Human Resource Management, Strategic Human Resource Management, Operations Management,
Organisational Citizenship Behavior.
1. Job Characteristics and Job Satisfaction of Middle Level Managers: A Relationship Study. (2010). Paper presented at the 2010 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology (ICMIT), 2 – 5 June, Singapore, ISBN No. 978-1-4244-6565.
2. The Relationship between Gender-based Differences and Leadership Styles among Faculty Deans of Public Institutions of Higher Learning. (2009). ADEPT – Higher Education Research Bulletin, Vol. 2, January – June, 40-44.
3. Influence of Social Network in Facilitating Training Transfer and Goal Setting of Small Business Women. (2010). Paper presented at The International Conference on the Role of Social Sciences and Humanities in Engineering (ICoHSE), 12 – 14 November 2010, Bayview Beach Resort, Penang.
4. Job Characteristics and Job Satisfaction of Middle Level Managers: A Relationship Study. (2010). Paper presented at IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology (ICMIT), 2 – 5 June, Singapore, ISBN No. 978-1-4244-6565-1.
5. Enhancing Customer Loyalty Through Relationship Marketing. (2011). International Journal of Customer Service Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, 51-61.
6. Linking Customer Relationships with Performance: The Malaysian Manufacturing and Service Industry Perspective. (2011). International Journal of Customer Service Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, 113-132.
7. The Application of Hackman and Oldham’s Job Characteristics Model of Job Satisfaction: Viewpoint from Fast Food Outlet Managers. (2011). Grant RM5,000 from Research Management Institute (RMI), Universiti Teknologi MARA, Shah Alam.
8. Job Characteristics and Job Satisfaction: A Relationship Study on Supervisors Performance. (2011). Business & Management Quarterly Review, Vol. 2, No. 3. 1 -10, ISSN 2180-2777.
9. Influence of Training Transfer Determinants on Goal Setting Activities among Women Entrepreneurs (SMEs). (2011). Paper presented at the ASEAN Conference on Scientific and Social Science Research (ACCSSR 2011), Penang.
10. The Role of Design Factors in Influencing Training Transfer among Small Businesswomen. (2012). Paper presented at The International Conference on Innovation, Management and Technology Research (ICIMTR 2012). Grant FRGS RM30,000.
11. Organizational Rewards System and Employees’ Satisfaction at Telekom Malaysia Berhad, Selangor. (2012). Paper presented at Terengganu International Business and Economics Conference (TIBEC III), Primula Hotel, Kuala Terengganu.
12. The Moderating Effects of Practical, Emotional and Spiritual Intelligences on the Link between Personality Traits and Malay Entrepreneurship Success. (2012). Paper presented at the ASEAN Entrepreneurship Conference (AEC 2012), 5 – 6 November, Sunway Resort Hotel, Petaling Jaya.
13. Organizational Rewards System and Employees’ Satisfaction at Telekom Malaysia Berhad. (2013). Journal of Educational and Social Research, Vol. 3, No. 3, September 2013, 281-288.
14. Hackman and Oldham’s Job Characteristics Model to Job Satisfaction. (2013). Publication by Elsevier Ltd. Available online at www.sciencedirect.com Procedia Social and Behavioral Sciences.
15. A Comparative Study of the Family dynamics and Socio-Economic Factors that Contribute to the success of Bumiputera and Non-Bumiputera Entrepreneurs in Malaysia. (2013). IRPA Grant: RM58,056.00.
16. Strategies in Developing Future Transformation Leadership among Academia in Public and Private Institutions of Higher Learning Malaysia. (2013). AKEPT Grant: RM50,000.
17. Personality and Organizational Citizenship Behavior in Hotel Industry: A Relationship Study. (2013). Paper presented at The International Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance, 7 – 8 February 2013. Bangkok University, Thailand.
18. Service Quality and Productivity: A Malaysian Public Service Agencies Perspective. (2013). Paper presented at The International Conference on Management, Leadership and Governance, 7 – 8 February 2013. Bangkok University, Thailand.
19. The Mediating Role of Motivation to Transfer on the Relationship between Training Design and Training Transfer. (2013). Paper presented at The International Conference of Customer Service Systems and Management (ICCSSM). 3 April 2013, Swiss Garden Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
20. Graduates Employability Skills: Hard and Soft Skills towards Employee Productivity- Perspective of Malaysian Employers. (2014). Paper presented at IEEE International Symposium on Research of Arts, Design and Humanities (ISRADH 2014) – IEEE, 28 September 2014 – 1 October 2014, Sutera Harbour Resort, Kota Kinabalu. Grant from Research Management Institute (RMI), UiTM Shah Alam: RM20,000.
21. Relationship Study between Emotional Intelligence and Spiritual Intelligence to Student’s Intention to be an Entrepreneur: Moderated by Psychological Characteristics. (2014). Paper presented at IEEE Symposium on Business, Engineering and Industrial Applications (ISBEIA 2014) – IEEE, 28 September 2014 – 1 October 2014, Sutera Harbour Resort, Kota Kinabalu. Grant from Research Management Institute (RMI), UiTM Shah Alam: RM20,000.
22. Investigating Trust, Long-Term Relationship and Information Systems towards Supply Chain Management. (2014). Grant from Research Management Institute (RMI), UiTM Shah Alam: RM20,000.
23. Women leadership competencies towards organizational performance. 2016). Lead/Principal Researcher. Grant UNITAR: RM3,230.00
24. The Relationship between Organizational Culture and Employee Motivation: Moderated by Work Attitude. (2016). Paper presented at The International Conference on “Business Economic, Social Science and Humanities (BEESH), 26-27 February 2016, Seoul, South Korea.
25. Organizational Culture: Bureaucratic, Innovative and Supportive Culture with Employee Motivation in Multinational Manufacturing Companies. (2016). Paper presented at Terengganu International Business and Economic Conference 2016 (TIBEC V), 22 – 23 September 2016, Kuala Terengganu.
26. Leadership Competencies in Driving Organizational Performance: A Malaysian Perspective. (2016). Presented findings at Asia Graduate School of Business (AGSB) Industry Round-Table, 24 May 2016. Grant UNITAR: RM3,260.00
27. Factors Influencing Intention to Stay at the Selangor State Economic Development Corporation. (2016). Paper presented at 2nd Global Conference on Economics and Management Sciences 2016 (GEMS 2016), 28 – 29 November 2016, Langkawi.
28. The Samba Economy: How Malaysian Entrepreneurs Doing in Brazil? (2016). Paper presented at 2nd Global Conference on Economics and Management Sciences 2016 (GEMS 2016), 28 – 29 November 2016, Langkawi.
29. Job Satisfaction and Employees Performance at a Private University in Klang Valley: Mediated by Flexible Work Arrangements (FWA). (2017). UNITAR Internal Grant 2017: RM4,500.00.
30. Employers Perspectives on Graduates Employability Skills: Soft Skills. (2017). Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, 7 (6) 16-19, ISSN 2090-4304.
31. Relationship Study between Marketing Mix and Purchase Intention of Affordable Homes. (2017). Presented at 29th Asian Pacific Conference 2017 in Kuala Lumpur, 5 – 8 November.
32. Women Leadership Competencies in Driving Organizational Performance. (2017). Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, ISSN 1112-9867. (UNITAR Grant – RM3,030.00).
33. Influence of Consumers’ Perceived Brand Innovativeness on Customer-Brand Identification and Brand Loyalty. (2018). Journal of Fundamental and Applied Sciences, Volume 10, Issue 2.
34. Students’ Expectations and Experiences in E-Learning: A Case Study of Trainees in Naval Based Lumut, Malaysia. 2nd Asia International Multidisciplinary Conference (AIMC 2018). 12 – 13 May 2018, Faculty of Management, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
35. Relationship between motivation factors and career choice among undergraduate students in Malaysian private universities. Journal of Entrepreneurship and Business, Vol. 6, NO. 2, December 2018. (UNITAR Grant – RM11,000).
36. Examining the relationship of Herzberg’s Motivation-Hygiene Theory towards Turnover Intention of Military Officers. (2020). Test Engineering and Management Journal, ISSN: 0193-4120, SCOPUS Indexed Journal.
37. The Influence of Attitude, Social Norms and Perceived Behavioral Control towards Purchase Intention of Organic Cosmetic Products in Malaysia: The Moderating Role of Salesperson. Paper presentation, February 2020, at 4th Advanced Research in Business, Marketing and Management International Conference 2020 (ARBUMM 2020), Penang. (UNITAR Grant – RM11,100).
38. Examining the Relationship of Herzberg Two-Factor Theory Towards Job Performance of Royal Malaysian Navy. SCOPUS Publication. Journal of the Malaysian Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society 01267353. (Presented at International Conference on Economics, Business, Tourism and Social Sciences (ICEBTS 2020) – October 2020. Won Best Paper Presenter Award.
39. Application of Herzberg Hygiene and Motivation Factors towards Job Performance of Royal Malaysian Navy. Presented at UNITAR INSITE CONFERENCE, October 2020.
40. Examining the Relationship of Herzberg Two-Factor Theory towards Job Performance in Royal Malaysian Navy (2021). Turkish Online Journal of Qualitative Inquiry (TOJQI)Volume 12, Issue 3, June 2021:876-883.
41. The Influence of Attitude, Social Norms and Perceived Behavioral Control towards Purchase Intention of Organic Cosmetic Products in Malaysia: The Moderating Role of Salesperson. Waiting for conversion Paper to be published in SCOPUS.
42. Relationship between Human Resource Management Practices and Employee Job Satisfaction: Mediated by Employee Commitment. Presented at The 8th International Conference on Marketing and Retailing (INCOMaR), UiTM, 24 August 2021. Waiting for SCOPUS publication.