The AFSL 2023 competition aims to provide better exposure to the younger community, schools, colleges, universities through SDG-related cases, testing their skills via five-minute video, pitching, and question-and-answer sessions.
It is expected that this platform will train and develop young leaders towards a role that will bring a positive impact on society. Schools and universities will benefit from participating in the AFSL with an opportunity to showcase themselves as leading educational institutions towards producing job-ready young professionals with cutting-edge skills.
This competition is also a catalyst for the engagement of ASEAN countries in providing experience to our students, with a possibility of exchange programs. This will definitely contribute towards student experience. In conclusion, AFSL 2023 will help to produce the next generation of leaders with skills and experiences based on SDGs.
- To form a network for future regional collaborations that will continuously develop platforms to take action for the SDGs.
- To challenge and instil the spirit of competitiveness amongst participants in leading the initiative towards a sustainable and impactful change to society.
- To provide a learning experience that propels participants towards appreciating the array of different cultural and community perspectives.
- Junior Category: Open to all students currently enrolled in secondary educational institutes across ASEAN countries, aged between 15 and 17 years old.
- Senior Category: Open to all students currently enrolled in tertiary educational institutes across ASEAN countries, aged between 18 and 25 years old.
- Participants must rely upon their own resourcefulness in finding assistance (e.g., a faculty member, family, and friends, etc.). Establishing the concept, developing the presentation and video, and managing the team remain solely the responsibility of team members.
- Legal, Registered citizens of the ASEAN countries participating in AFSL.
Each participating country has their own registration process. To qualify for the ASEAN Level Competition, please ensure to register for the National Level competition running in your home country.
For enquiries, please contact us via email
AFSL 2023 TIMELINE
REGISTRATION - NATIONAL LEVEL (MALAYSIA)
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: 20TH JULY 2023
AFSL 2023 SCREENING COMMITTEE
The AFSL Scientific Committee will complete the first round of sorting for the Junior and Senior category by analysing and approving the submitted executive summary of the case studies proposed by the finalists.
AFSL 2023 MENTORS
Each team must have a mentor (teacher/faculty advisor/industry advisor) per education institution.
AFSL 2023 JUDGES
The AFSL Judges will complete the second round of judging for the Junior and Senior category by selecting the top 3 winners from each category during the pitching sessions.