Programme Entry Requirements
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to the UNITAR Ph.D Programme:
- A Master’s Degree in Business [Level 7, Malaysian Qualification Framework (MQF)] or in other related discipline and recognized by the University Senate; OR
- A Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in non-related fields as accepted by the HEP Senate, subject to having relevant working experience and rigorous internal assessment; OR
- A Master’s degree (Level 7, MQF) in non-related fields as accepted by the HEP Senate and without relevant working experience, subject to passing prerequisite courses; OR
- Other qualifications equivalent to a master’s degree recognised by the Malaysian Government; OR
- Candidates who have excellent Bachelor’s Degree (Level 6, MQF) graduates for direct admission to Doctoral Degree by Research (Level 8, MQF) programme with the following conditions:
Candidates have first class Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification; OR
- Candidates have obtained CGPA of at least 3.67 or equivalent from either an academic or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) programme; AND
- Evaluated through rigorous internal assessment by UNITAR; AND
Experience can be cumulative experience even before acquiring required qualification for a particular level of study. However, the experience must be relevant to the level of study as well as the content.
A proposal of about 500 words in English must be submitted together with all the relevant documents required for admission to the University on the registration day.
- Rigorous assessment to evaluate the suitability of an applicant for a programme through statement of purpose, interview and other methods may cover the following criteria:
- Demonstration of strong business experience, and that you have held significant managerial responsibilities.
- Evidence of any achievements in your professional life, for example, consistently performing at a high level, consistent career progression and any impact that you have had on your organisation.
- Professional skills that you have developed, for example, teamwork, leadership, problem-solving, negotiating and analytical skills.
- How you will contribute to your class and what experiences you can bring to the institution. (Lancaster University, 2021)
- Experience can be cumulative experience even before acquiring required qualification for a particular level of study. However, the experience must be relevant to the level of study as well as the content.
- The pre-requisite courses must equip the students with necessary business knowledge (managing people, managing financial resources, understanding customers, understanding environments and strategic planning) of one level lower than the programme level.
- Minimum score of 600 for TOEFL; OR
- Minimum score of 6.5 for IELTS OR its equivalent
- Credit in SPM English; OR
- Pass an internal assessment (oral examination) set by the university, with a minimum grade of C. The panel of the assessment shall comprise of two senior members of the faculty / school and a representative from the English Language Department from Faculty of Education & Humanities (FEH) or other relevant department. The panel is appointed by the Dean / Director of the respective faculty / school / centers.
Local and International Students
- The Masters degree was conducted using English as medium of instruction. Proof to be obtained from the institution concerned.